Monday, June 28, 2010

Last day: the dress fits and I have abs to show off...


6 weeks are over!!! I don’t know what to say, I am really sad! One thing is certain, I will keep up my workout – I’ll join the next session of Basic Training (starting next week) and I’ll stick with the Bar method at least another couple of weeks. I have no idea how to summarize the last 6 weeks, I don’t know where to start. First of all, I feel amazing! To be honest, I could have lost more weight and look more toned if I’d be a little better with my food choices…I have been really good the first 3 weeks but from then on with stress at work coming up, I made many bad choices (but I really needed them at the time…). I will try to focus on food a little more the next 6 weeks (after all, it’s still one month until the wedding!).


So during the last 6 weeks, I lost 5 pounds. Doesn’t seem to be too much but considering that I have been trying to change my workout and nutrition since January with a total loss of 9 pounds up to date it’s not bad. Slow but steady, that’s the way to go :) I have a lot more space in my jeans now and some of my older clothes that didn’t fit me before now fit again. Priceless! And guess what, I can see my hip bones again - where have you been all those years...? My abs are "incredibly" toned – at least compared to any other time I have known them. I took before and after pictures and I wasn’t sure whether to post them or not… (I am sure my Dad would be embarrassed). But I think the change is obvious and I want to motivate people to start working out. So I posted them....and they are not photo-shopped, I promise! 6 weeks isn't that long, anyone can do it! I am a little embarrassed for the "week 1"-picture, but never mind. It's in the past. But anyway, if you see me next time at bootcamp, at work or somewhere else, just pretend you haven’t seen these pictures, ok…? Thanks ;-)

Not only do I like my body better now, I also feel more confident. And I feel much stronger and athletic. It’s amazing what 6 weeks can do! The Bar Method is a workout I really love meanwhile and most likely I will stick with it since it’s a great workout. I would especially like to thank Julia and Keryun, your classes are for sure my favorite ones and both of you are always so friendly and happy. Thanks!!!

The Basic Training was much more than just a workout for me and I mentioned that many times before. I met so many nice people and all the instructors I have worked with were amazing. They certainly love people and they are passionate about what they do and that makes them good at teaching us. They care for each individual. Even though I was almost always the last/weakest in the group, they made me feel like I can achieve anything and that I am doing a great job (even when I thought I am about to die…). And it’s strange but this feeling transfers in other areas of life, particularly in my job. Suddenly I feel like I can achieve anything as long as I try! And I learned that my body and I are capable to reach much higher goals then I had ever thought. This feeling again is priceless and so much more valuable than a 5 pounds weight loss. I know that many of my friends think I am nuts but I cannot wait to run those hills again and give all I have. I hope that I’ll do better next session, I will push hard. Thank you Jenn, Michael, Charles, Sandra and Eli for the last 6 weeks, and also thank you Lisa for pushing me every single day in through bootcamp. Seeing you transform over the last year is my biggest inspiration and I can’t wait to see you in that dress :)

The 6-week challenge is over, but I will continue my program. May be I will contact a nutritionist, I think there is time for improvement on that level. I will continue writing my blog, but may be only once or twice a week…we shall see. I’ll definitely keep you posted on my progress!

Thanks again to everyone who supported me during the last 6 weeks and to everyone who is reading my blog and interested in my story. This project was so much fun for me and I hope that it was the beginning of a lifestyle-change. And Andrea, as far as your wedding is concerned, I am happy to let you know that I fit in my dress again!! Mission completed! Can’t wait to see you again and be part of your wedding!



No comments:

Post a Comment